Thursday, April 7, 2011

Almost Done!!!

It's official, I have two more classes and a final before I am completely finished my Bachelor of Education Degree!! I can't believe that it is finally here, and life isn't slowing down.

I have accepted a temporary contract teaching grade 4 in White City until the end of the school year, so that has me pretty excited and nervous. I think that I that most nervous about doing report cards and all of the final testing with my students. However, it will be a wonderful learning experience and I am super excited to start teaching.

This summer is a big summer for me. I will be moving to Moose Jaw, looking for a contract with a school division, and I will be getting married in August. Life isn't slowing down, but growing up is scary. I can't believe that in just over four months I will be a wife and we will be on our own in a completely different city than our families. I have been thinking about all the things that I need to do once I am done my degree, and they included things like finding a job, finding a house, and finish wedding plans. But those are just the big things on my list. I also have to gain courage to move to a different city and find a way to support my new family. It's coming really fast.

I am happy that my fiancee and myself on in the same places in our lives. We are both convocating in June and will both be starting a new career this summer, though he has already signed a contract and I am still looking for a long term one. It is nice to have someone beside me that is at the same place in his life as I am and that we can be scared together. I am looking forward to moving on and starting a new stage in my life, though I will miss the comfort that university gives. I am really excited to start my life and I am only one week away from being done!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment