Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stern or Friendly

What is your opinion on how teachers should act in their classroom? Should they go and to be friends with their students, or should they be stern and strict?

I had to fairly strict with my tutoring student the other day and I left my session feeling absolutely horrible. I knew that I had to be stern with him to get the work done, but was there a different strategy I should have used?

Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. You need to be friendly, encouraging, and firm. You need to convey with your attitude that you are certain they can learn (even if they aren't certain.)

    You aren't their buddy; they have enough of those. You are an adult and it is your job to provide guidance and structure. As I see it, it is a kid's job to test out what the limits are and it is an adult's job to provide limits.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete