Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Classroom Blogging

I was looking through the ECMP Diigo list and I found this blog that someone had posted. I think that using blogs in your classroom is a wonderful way to keep students and parents up to date when they are at home. As a student I always hated missing class and not know what was done that day. I think that by using a blog and updating it regularly it keeps students up to date and reminds them of their homework.

While I think that blogs are a great thing, at the same time I don't know how many parents are ready for one. I had a blog in internship and I found that many of my students didn't look at it. If students and parents aren't going to look at or use the blog, then there are other efficient ways of giving out information. I also heard in one of my classes taht we need to stop using e-mails and blogs because they are impersonal and are causing some issues (because you don't know what the parent is saying when you can't hear their tone of voice). During this class I was told that phone calls and face-to-face were much better.

What are your opinions on blogging in the classroom? Are there more benefits than drawbacks? What is the most effective way to use a blog in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment